Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Hook Brings You Back...

Let me share with you my love for Blues Traveler and their album Four. It's one of those where you're gonna find a tape or cd of it any place that sells used music, much like Hootie & the Blowfish's Cracked Rear View and Alanis Morrisette's Jagged Little Pill. But I still love it. It was the first cd I bought.

This is the cover:


And then when you pull out the insert, this is on the back:



I was so excited when I bought it that I opened it right away in the parking lot. Instant regret set in once my mom saw that the cat was smoking a joint and wanted to know what kind of garbage I was listening to. If I ever have a child, I wonder what things they'll be into that I won't understand?

So anyways, after I bought that cd I listened to the song "Hook" over and over again so I could memorize it. Please tell me someone else out there would do this too.. you'd pull out the liner notes to read the lyrics and be so proud when you could recite it by memory alone. Especially the part that begins with "Suck it in suck it in if you're Rin Tin Tin or Anne Boleyn..."

I still have it memorized after all this time. Those math equations I learned in pre-algebra that year? Can't recall a single one.



Gotta love the Paul Shaffer cameo.

Bonus: the episode of Roseanne when they're the band Dan used to be in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Schwing!