Saturday, July 5, 2014

Random 90s Movie Review #13: Clerks

July's movie theme: teen/young adult hits of the 90s. This is my bread and butter right here, so why not start it off right with one of my all time favorites:


"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" - Pretty much the official quote of Clerks. 

Watching this movie is like a way to center myself again, get back to the core of Jille.. Whenever I'm feeling lost and as if I've strayed too far off the path of my true self, I can always turn to Dante and Randal to bring it all back. I might be a little too young to truly fall under the Generation X label, but that was the group of people I looked up to and one day hoped to be. Now here I am, 30 years old and still watching their movies. Still wanting to tell people, "No time for love, Dr. Jones."

But I digress. The one-sentence synopsis of Clerks: Even though he's not supposed to be here today, Dante's working at the Quick Stop and many captivating events occur. (I know what you're thinking, I should totally write synopses for a living!)

I made my movie-watching experience extra special by eating 90s snacks:


Yes, Snackwell's still exist. Let me tell you this, though: they may be fat free, but sugar is the #1 ingredient and they certainly taste that way. And Bagel Bites.. what can I say. I hadn't eaten these in many years so I don't know if the taste truly improved as the box claims. Still lovin' the Snapple though.

Why you should watch this movie: It rules.

Why you shouldn't watch this movie: If you're an old stick in the mud that's easily offended, you probably don't want to watch this. Or Clerks 2, for that matter.

I Heart the Nineties rating: Two snaps waaaay up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Schwing!